Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day # of Nail Polish Challenge: Yellow Nails

So just like the last challenge in which it was my first time ever using the color orange in a mani, this was also my first time ever using yellow in a mani. Can you believe it? I've always assumed I couldn't wear orange or yellow because it didn't really go with my skin tone, but as I have gotten many compliments from people in my life on these two manis I guess my assumption was unfounded - although you still won't catch me wearing any bright orange or yellow hued clothing, I don't think I could pull off that much lol. 

*Without Flash*

*With Flash*

Flower and dots mani: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Grey Area"; Revlon "Blue Lagoon"; NK Nail Enamel "Yellow" (some wear)

This mani was also my first time really using my dotting tools. So many firsts! Also, please excuse the bit of wear on this mani, I really must get in the habit of taking mani pictures once their done and not right before I eventually post them lol. It's a bit scratched and not at it's shiniest because I was doing a lot of cleaning, but it held up really well all things considered.

Also some great news: I purchased my very first Seche Vite fast dry topcoat! And my over-all consensus is... I'm in love! It applied like a dream and you could see the shine immediately (oOo shiny!). It also really smoothed out any texture the polish had acquired during dotting tool use, which was a great unexpected surprise. A lot of topcoats I've tried don't help and even sometimes enhance the appearance of polish texture (the cheaper and thicker/goopy topcoats do this more so in my experience). Also, considering the cleaning and wear-and-tear my nails went through the past few days, no chips! and the tips in general have held up really well. Perhaps the bad reviews have come from people who are extremely hard on their nails or forget to wrap their tips (tutorial thanks to the Polished Perfectionist).

4 comments:

  1. I had the exact same reaction when I first got Seche Vite. I had no idea a top coat could even look that amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can tell I'm infatuated because I wanna keep redoing my nails just to see how great each polish looks under a coat of seche vite lol

      Delete