Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 3 (Green) & Day 4 (Blue) of Nail Polish Challenge

I've been away from my blog for a while due to life stuff, and honestly some laziness due to stress, but I'm back! Why the sudden kick in the butt to post, you ask? Last night at my boyfriend's house, we were sitting in his room eating dinner in bed (classy right?) watching whatever on the computer when suddenly BOOM. The shelves above his desk just came crashing down onto his desk and right in front of our faces. Luckily we escaped decapitation and his computer wasn't demolished, but the room certainly was. Broken plates and glasses, broken cds and other belongings, drinks spilled all over the floor, dinner flung around (luckily that was in containers since we packed up our uneaten takeout). His possessions were everywhere.That forced us to do a thorough cleanup, and shifting through his stuff and his random little hoarding piles and paper garbage made me realize just how much he was in need of organizing his shit. And that made me think about how I needed to get organized and back into things I've been neglecting. Like this blog.

I had a hard time with the green challenge actually. I had a hard time coming up with ideas, and I don't really own much green polishes. But I do have two different manis to share.

The first was a plain mani, due both to lack of ideas and that I just really like this color green all on its own. This is Zoya Ivanka, a sort of forest green with green and gold shimmery flecks.



The other green themed manicure I did was a freehand green and pink leopard print manicure, my first time attempting leopard print! For this I used MatteseElite Neon 09 Flash, and pink and purple nail art polishes. Please ignore the few bits of glitter on my hands.

*daylight*

*with flash*

For the blue themed challenge I did a freehand sort of flowery line and dot design? I'm not sure what you'd call it, but those who have seen it seem to like it a lot so who cares what it's called. For this I used Wet N Wild megalast "I need a refresh-mint", Essie luxeffects "Shine of the Times, and pink/lavender/blue nail art polishes. One could argue that refresh-mint looks sorta greenish but I think it's one of those in-between colors. Plus I was really excited to try it. I had originally had a manicure done with Butter London "Victoriana" but I never took pictures of it :-( oh well.

*with flash, and a bonus cat eyeball in the background*

*in daylight*

What do you think? Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment